Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Goodbye my lover…

It has been a frustrating and sad few weeks and after I thought the blows couldn’t get any worse my car got diagnosed with a terminal car illness.

The mechanic informed me that my lovely and beautiful car was going to cost more to fix than it was worth. He was telling me the diagnosis' in mechanic language, but that basics are that the clutch, the gear box, the ball bearings somewhere, something about the connection with the alternator and everything else that the gear box remotely relates to had decided it was time to say bye.

Had I noticed the sound sooner, or recognized it as not being a good normal sound – which I thought it was – my car would probably be able to pass it’s next Warrant of Fitness with out thousands of dollars worth of work needing to be done on it. Sadly it is not.

I cried a lot more after getting home that day cause how the heck was I meant to be able to afford to buy a new car. My whole savings plan had gone out the window and everything was just messing up.

This time last week everything turned around for the better. After applying to various banks for loans, I finally got a loan with a bank who were the easiest to work with; they did not want six pay slips, multiple months worth of bank statements and a guarantor like all the others; and they gave me a bigger loan than the others were willing to.

With the joyous knowledge that I could purchase a car my Mama and I went car shopping. It was my first time buying for an actual car yard. We went with a rough idea of what we were looking for. After a bit of looking and a test drive, I stood there awkwardly while my mother did the bargaining for me.

I will be paying the bank fortnightly payments for the next three years but it will be totally worth it.

My good friend is driving me back to the car yard this afternoon to pick my new baby up. Last night we had a funeral celebration for my old baby, talking about our favourite memories in her, etc, so on and so forth.

Good bye my lover, wish I could spend the next few years with you, but I promise to send you off nice and clean.

I will post some pictures of the old and the new when I get time to upload off my camera. Woops, I should be honest, I will post some pictures when I make time instead of being my usual lazy self.

No comments: