Monday, February 21, 2011

The Great Who?!?!

After having made that column on the left side of my blog, over six months ago, called ‘Books I Plan To Read’, I have finally read one of the books. The book listed first in fact. ‘The Great Gatsby’ by F.Scott Fitzgerald has been completed over the last two weeks.

The book in a whole is actually a rather good read. That is after you get past the first two or so chapters. So, for a book that is only 180 odd pages long, the spell binding magic only happens after about 80 pages. Which is why it took me so long to read such a short book. It left me rather disappointed for a few days, I had to tell myself to continue reading, “If a book has been so highly regarded and put on so many must read lists it has to be an amazing book”.

As for something that highly intrigued me while reading the book. The “F” stands for Francis. Thanks Francis Scott Fitzgerald. You’re middle and ending turned your “masterpiece” into a rather wonderful story.

No comments: