Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Beach I Call Snells

This past weekend was a three day-er for all us Aucklanders as it was Auckland anniversary weekend. It is lovely having three days of relaxing, not having to get up for work. Better yet, not having to go to work.

Friday night I spent with my friends and then Saturday morning I cleaned my car, which is a great achievement. Please do not hold this against me, but it was the first time since I brought my car about two years ago that I actually vacummed it. My area in the car, the drivers area, has always been cleaned. It looks so nice now though and no one is to mess it up. It is going to be clean and stay clean. I have even placed plastic bags in all sorts of places so that people will have to dispose of their rubbish.

My next task was to pick Natalie and Cooper up and head to Snells Beach for the night. My friends Jaime and Carl live up there and it was so lovely to get away for the night. It is about an hour and a halfs drive north of Auckland.

We had a lovely barbeque and spent the evening catching up. The next morning we all went to the park with Cooper and Carls neices and then to a cafe. We left about midday and stopped in at my Grandparents. They loved seeing Coop.

Sunday I had a friend round for dinner and then Monday monday I went to see The Kings Speech with mum.

I really enjoyed my weekend. It was a blast. I LOVE long weekends.

No comments: