Friday, February 18, 2011

Good night

So most nights I get “tucked in” by my Mummy. The exceptions are the nights I go to bed earlier than her and am to tired to call her and the nights I go out and get in when she is already asleep. Although, I always tell her goodnight and I love you, no matter what.

I love being tucked in. Although, I don’t really get “tucked in” in the sense of her tucking my blanket around me. My getting “tucked in” is talking with my Mum about anything and saying good night to her and telling her I love her.

Every time after she has “tucked me” in and she goes to leave my room I say, “Guess what?” And she goes, “What?” I say, “I love you!” She says, “I love you, too.” And then I say, “I love you more!”

Some nights if she is a bit tired that little scenario is cut to me saying, “Guess what?” And her saying, “I love you!” Which is when I say, “I love you more!”

It is one of the many things that I adore about my relationship with my mother. Not all the people I know have the same relationships with their parents that I am lucky enough to have with my mother and that I was lucky enough to have had with my father.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

You brought tears to my eyes!! This is a wonderful tradition and one that you will carry on to your own children.