Monday, February 21, 2011

Cold in the Summer Time

This weekend I had big plans. Well, decent sized plans. Doesn’t everything else seem so much bigger and more important when you’re sick? Better yet, how the heck can it be justified for anyone to get a cold in summer????? (Yes, it does deserve five question marks.)

After work on Thursday, I went and met my friend Natalie. She asked me to be one of her bridesmaid and I, of course, said a big happy YES! The first duty was going dress shopping on Saturday, so I added it into my schedule.

My schedule included going to the Chinese New Year Lantern Festival in the City and the to Farmer’s Markets in Royal Oak, both of which had been planned for a good month. But no, anything planned after the dress shopping on Saturday was not completed. Maybe if I had not gone out to visit friends on Friday night I would not have fallen ill. But I doubt it.

This time I actually took some time out. Normally when I am sick I continue on, I like to think of myself as a machine. Sickness is not a programme I like or that I have let myself become accustomed to. But for once I didn’t ‘Solider On’, I stayed home, I slept when I felt tired and I took medicine in four hour intervals.

I missed out on some really cool outings, that will now have to be added to my ‘To Do in 2012’ list, in return for feeling a lot better than I felt on Saturday. I wish I could say that I feel 100% better, if I am lucky I will be able to say this tomorrow or the day after.

No comments: