Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I’ma make myself a Quilt!

I have decided that I am going to make a Quilt. I got the inspiration when I came across this blog and it postage stamp quilt along. Figuring you don’t have to be out of your twenties or from a different generation I have taken the plunge and committed to making a postage stamp quilt.

On Saturday, I went to the local craft store with my friend Nid. She had a blast, looking at all the things you could buy. I purchased two Jelly rolls. Instead of going for one patterned and one plain, I bought two patterned rolls. Both rolls have similar patterns, just one is on purple and the other is in green.

I have started the separation and cutting process. I have one more night of cutting to go and then I can move onto the collating and sewing together the patches.

This is not going to be a project that I zip up in a couple of weeks. I feel it may take me a month or so, fitting it in on my weekends and on nights when I am not doing course work.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I hope you enjoy your quilting experience! My mom is Quilting Queen and spends a lot of each day and week piecing or sewing or cutting.

I, however, didn't inherit those genes. Cutting out pieces of fabric and piecing them together makes my head EXPLODE!!! But I enjoy the actual quilting part. Go figure...

Post pictures as it comes along, please~