Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 03 - Something you have to forgive yourself for

It really is true that you always want what you can’t have. The thing I have to forgive myself for is fighting with my Dad. Saying hurtful words to him. Letting myself believe he wasn’t a good person, because he was an amazing person.

The one thing in life I wish I could get back is the time I spent fighting with and resenting my Dad. But, I have to forgive myself for this. I understand you can’t live in the past and you can’t live hoping for moments in life to have been different.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

This is especially hard. I agree, you can't live in the past, but you can look forward to the future! Work on the relationships that you have currently in your life and make them the best they can be. And remember the good times you had with your dad!