Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 12 - Something you never get compliments on

Again, this will sound as vain as it possibly could. But, I never get compliments on my manners. I always say please and always say thank you. I am always patient. I always wait for everyone to be at the table. I always follow the general guidelines when it comes to manners.

Now, I do understand that manners should just be an etiquette that each person adheres by and should not expect compliments on. So really, I was just trying to find something that people never compliment me on. (See how vain does that sound.)

Typically, I couldn’t think of something that I never get compliments on. Not for the fact that I get hundreds of compliments. The reason is I don’t like to think negatively. As easy as it is, and as much as I do. I think that negative thinking just brings negativity to life. So, I am not even pondering on what people don’t compliment me on. For the first time in a long long time I am genuinely happy.

I am at peace with myself and trying to think of something that people don’t compliment me on is not worth it. It is not worth the self criticising it will bring. It is not worth the constant floating back and forth thoughts it will bring. It is not worth the whys? and the what ifs? It is not worth it.

No comments: