Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 08 - Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit

Meh… I can not think of an answer to this. Sure, there have been people who I have wanted to throw over a bridge because of their actions towards me but never any one who has made that much of a significance in my life that I remember it to this day.

As sad as it is, we are always going to have bullies. Bullies at school. Bullies at home. Bullies in the work place. Bullies in your friend groups. We all just have to make a conscience effort to treat these bullies the way we would like to be treated and hope that “killing them with kindness” will make the bully realise that there is a different way to treat people and still get what you want. And, when killing them with kindness doesn’t work eliminating them from your life will.

I always like to remember the saying I was brought up with.

“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.”

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Bullies suck.

It's harder to be nice to a bully when they're bullying your child. I am trying to forgive Aly's bully, but it's extremely difficult.

Forgiveness will come. It's just going to take a LOT of work.