Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bits & Pieces

I should not have written the world pieces just then. It make me wanted Reese's Pieces. ARGH!!! My friend sent me a lovely picture of Reese's Ice Cream the other day, oh man! It looked like love in a tub.

My DSLR camera is a Canon EOS 1000D. I'm currently reading through the manual and then maybe one day I will take a course or something. But I just want to have fun at the moment.

My Camera


This weekend it was one of my oldest friends birthdays. She turned 21 on Friday so we had planned to go up to hers and then go out for a dinner. We had dinner, but instead of going out we stayed at hers and helped with the set up for her party on Saturday.

We spent a good few hours blowing balloons (thank goodness for electric blowers), joining balloons and helping with the beginning of putting the balloons together.

Helping with the set up
Her party was the coolest I have ever been to. There were balloons filled the helium floating up to the ceiling. There were arches made of balloons and then daisies made from balloons. It reminded me of a prom from the 70's like you see in the movies.

The cake was fantastic. It was a normal cake on top of a stand and then ice cream cones filled with cake and then topped with icing all around down the stand.


The YUMMY Cake

Note: Those crackers positioned around the cake were made by my friends mum. She put things like toy soldiers with parachutes, rattles, whistles, moustaches and facts about Kelly in them.


My running is going good. I am a bit behind on the total for 20 days but will get back on track. There have been a few days where I have had no time to run, and it is far to cold in the morning. At work my team is also doing a challenge. We are seeing who does the most hours of exercise and who walks down and up the five flights of stairs at work the most over the next 20 weeks. I'm already starting to feel a bit better and I can definitely see the differences and changes.

A joke from a email I received a long time ago


I have subscribed to TIME magazine. I find it holds so many great and interesting articles. I didn't realise how fast they would arrive. I am part way through my first issue received about two weeks ago and now a new one has arrived. Maybe I will have to include the TIME magazines in my reading goal for the year. For every six issue I read I think I will make it one book!

The first issue I got was the one related to the recent sexual mis-conduct of head of the IMF and then it went onto historical and recent trysts by some very historical people. It was quite funny and very eye-opening at the same time.

My first issue

This coming weekend I am going to a High Tea with Mum, some of her friends and a few of my friends. I will have to take my camera along and keep those memories forever!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Oooo! Nice camera! Jill A. (next door) has a Cannon and she loves it. My point and shoot is Cannon and if I ever get a new DSL, I am thinking that I might go in that direction... I know you'll love it!

The party looks like fun!