Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's official

Now that everything is official, I can inform you of what the changes are!

Everything happened so fast and I am over the moon! In fact I'm over the moon and down the road dancing like a billy goat with excitement. Three weeks ago, I relieved at the daycare centre my friend Jaime works at. Jaime has been telling her bosses for months about me, about how I want to work with children and that I would be perfect. Had I not gone and relieved three weeks ago, my life would not be changing right now.

Relieving that day was one of the best days I have spent at a job ever! There is nothing that can compete with it. After I left that day I get a text from Jaime telling me that I did a good job and her boss saying that there would be a position open for me when the pregnant teachers leave on maternity leave. I'm ecstatic, I also think I have another four to six months left at my job.

Two weeks ago, Jaime texts me again. This time she tell me that once I am accepted into the Early Childhood Education course I will have a job ready and waiting for me. With-in two hours of receiving the text I had printed off and filled out the enrolment forms for NZTC. I arranged to take the Centre Statement and a Referee report to Jaime and arranged for a family friend, who teaches, and taught me, primary school (equivalent to Elementary), to fill one out.

One week ago, Jaime calls me. She asked me if I could start working at the end of June/start of July. I was at lunch with my good friend Nic at the time. According to Nic, I sat there looking dumb-founded and went "ah, yea, um, ah, bahhh" blabbing through sentences. I told Jaime I would need to call back, I just wanted to check with my immediate boss to make sure she would be ok with me leaving in the middle of month end. My boss with extremely happy for me and said not to worry.

Yesterday, I went and picked my contract up. I was worried they wouldn't want to give me the amount of money I needed. No need to worry, I got the amount I wanted straight off the bat. I asked Mum to go over the contract, just to double check there was nothing off or wrong. I signed it all and will take it back later this week.

This morning, I handed my resignation into my big boss. She was happy for me, happy that I am going to start on my career but sad to be losing me.

I start my new job. I start on the pathway to the career I want on July 4th. I will predominantly be working with the over two's, but may be starting upstairs with the under two's to cover for Jaime while she is in Spain. I am hoping to hear from NZTC within a week or two, in the mean time I have the nanny course to finish - and it is nearly finished!

Everything happens for a reason and it happens when the time is appropriate and proper. I will always be so thankful to Jaime for this, she pushed and shoved for me.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Congratulations, Cheryl! It's amazing how everything just fell into place. I think Someone is watching out for you! :)