Friday, January 7, 2011

Aiming In The Beginning of My 3rd Decade

As at the beginning of most years it is time to reflect and make new challenges and goals.

The Goals that belonged to Twenty Ten

Read 10 books - completed September 6

I read 12 books last year

Visit Dad at least once a month

I made it by 7 out of 12 months. I would have like to have gone more but as bad as it is to say, you can’t just stop your life. But I do think about him every day.

Get down to goal weight

I have worked on exercising and eating better. However, this has been a challenge. Planning is easy, but it is putting those plans into action that is the challenge.

Go back to the US or plan for next year - completed July 25

I got the chance to go back to the beautiful Idaho and see my little sister get married. It was the best trip. I went with my Mum and we spent a week in Idaho and then a week in Vancouver, Canada.

Exercise at least twice a week

I did exercise a bit last year, but it was no where close to twice a week. On average I did active (go out after work for a walk type) exercise four times a month if lucky.

Save $200 a week

Fail! Epic Fail! I fail epically at money! Oh well, just have to be more “money wise” this year!

Buy world map to plan 2013 O.E.

This will be included in my Nannying plans

Pay off furniture and TV

I have paid off my TV and started paying off my furniture.

Buy bookcase - completed October

My cousin moved overseas and had some cube book cases which I purchased off here. They look great!

Get Ring! - completed August 5

When in Vancouver I purchased the ring, it's very pretty I just need to decide if I want to keep wearing it on my pinky or get it resized to go on my middle finger.

The Goals that belong to Twenty Eleven

Read 20 books - I read the ten books I aimed for last year and a few more so let's do 20 this year.

Be more proactive and organized – I am the biggest procrastinator I know. This year I want to work on being organized, planning tasks I have to do during the week. I want to actively being trying to be my best at everything I do. I also want to start go on little weekend road trips to new places. There are a lot of things I want to do, so I need to be proactive and organized.

Exercise and health – my goal last year to get down to my goal weight did not happen, this year I am making it a goal to do more exercise and be healthier. I plan to lose 15kgs this year.

Money - last year I made it a goal to save and pay off my furniture. I started saving but failed and I started paying monthly instalments to paying off my furniture. This year I want to work harder at not spending money on stupid things like fast food cause I can't be bothered cooking and I want to start being more proactive about paying bills.

Finish Nanny Course – This is only a part year goal as I want to have this finished by my 21st birthday and no later. I can’t continue to let things drag on, life is short and I do not want to spend it putting off course work.

No comments: