Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I need a holiday... Part One

So last week I was talking with my boss and I go, "Man I need a holiday." She looked at me and laughed. I have been so busy since I got back from America that I completely forgot I was ever on holiday. It also made me realise I have not posted anything about my awesome trip.

We arrived in Idaho on July 25 and left on August 1 to spend five nights in Vancouver.

It was so awesome that it is just to hard to sum up in words so I am going to sum it up with a few photos.

11US - Mum Driving

Second day in Idaho – mum driving to Rexburg

12US - Bearworld

Day three in Idaho – Bear World. One of the coolest places I have ever been.

13US - Bearworld 2

I completely fell in love with the bears. I even asked mum if she could drive extra slow so I could sneakily open my door, roll out and then spend the rest of my days with them.

14US - on way to yellow stone

Day four – On our way to Yellow Stone. This picture sums up to me what I think about when I think about Idaho – those big sprinkler thingamabobbies in middle of fields.

15US - toll gate yellowstone

The toll gate to get into Yellow Stone National Park.

16US - traffic 

The Queue of traffic. It was basically this deep the whole way through. We only did one leg of Yellow Stone and it took us over half the day and I think the only animal I ended up seeing was a deer. But it is still a very amazing place.

17US - YS Old Faithfull

Old Faithful Geyser. By the time it was ready to go off again the space in front of me was relatively full.

18US - Jackson

Just outside of Yellow Stone/Just before exiting on our way to Jackson where we stopped for some afternoon tea. I am gutted though because I never got any pictures of Jackson. Although mum and I said next time we come back we will spend a night or two in Jackson.

19 US - Burnt out

Just outside of Yellow Stone/Just before exiting a valley that a fire tore through a decade or two ago, the wind was so powerful that the fire managed to jump the river and took out thousands of trees.

20 US - Idaho

Finally back in Idaho after 8+ hours of sitting in a car with about another two hours until we were back in Rexburg.

21US - Bride and groom

July 31 - Danielle and Dustin’s wedding was the actual reason we made the trip and it was one of the best weddings I have been to. She looked truly amazing and he looked like the happiest guy in the world.

That was pictures from the Rexburg,ID part of our ID/Vancouver trip so soon I will post the part about Vancouver.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

When you come back I think you should come in spring or fall to avoid those long lines of cars and so you can actually enjoy Yellowstone. You can't help but love baby buffalo in the spring or be enthralled when you hear elk bugle in the fall during rut. Please come back, please!!! (I want your mum to come back too!)