Friday, September 10, 2010

I Had a Holiday… Part 2

After I had to leave Rexburg, I am still shedding a few tears, we flew from Salt Lake City to Vancouver, Canada.

I actually feel in love. I was only there for five short days but the city is just so indescribably perfect. In its own way.

11VAN - Tiffanys

I had to go to Tiffany & Co. – My favourite movie is Breakfast at Tiffany’s and although 5th Avenue NYC would have been pretty awesome, this was close enough and just as cool. I purchased a necklace that looks great and is going to be attached to me forever.

12VAN - Canada Place 

Canada Place – We started our little tour of the city from here.

13VAN - Buliding could

A cool building – the railings to the balconies read “From here the clouds look no nearer than when I was lying on the street.” Or something along those lines. It took Mum and I about 10 times of walking past to work it out.

14VAN on tour

The something bridge, but also the little Tram-like-cart we were in for the tour.

15VAN - Granville Island

Entrance to Granville Island – if you are going to go to Vancouver, go to Granville Island. Some cool market like shops and nice restaurants on the wharf.

16VAN - Vanc Police

Yale town – one of the districts in the city.

17VAN - Cool tram station

A cool old train or tram station. They used to drive onto the platform in the middle and it would turn so the train/tram would be facing its right shed and then drive in.

18VAN - Library

The Vancouver Library – shaped and made to look like The Coliseum in Rome.

19VAN - Dr Sun Yet Sen Garden

Dr. Sun Yat Sen Gardens – He was one of the first Chinese diplomats to visit Vancouver so they crafted a house and garden after his.

20VAN - Dr Sun Yet Sen Garden - inside

It was a real experience, I went to China and Vancouver in the space of five days.

Going back to Idaho and then onto Vancouver was the best two weeks of my 19th year. I have the travelling bug and I am not going to try and get rid of that bug anything soon.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

You've convinced me! I guess I'll have to take a trip to Vancouver... AFTER a trip to NZ of course!
I'm glad you guys had such a great time! It was excellent seeing you and meeting your Mum!