Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wellington

This past weekend I went down to Wellington with my mum. We went for my cousins wedding. I had a blast.

Wellington is a place I have visited countless times as my dad was born and bred there. It is also one of those places you always go to visit people, but you never really see it when you are there. This visit was the first time I have been to Wellington that I had spare time. We weren't going here and there to visit family every second we were there. Mum and I actually got to take some nice walks around the city, not having to hurry cause we had people to meet. It was awesome. I got to see Wellington as a pretty cool place.

We flew down on Friday morning and had lunch with some of my aunties and uncles before we went off and did our own thing. I have a friend who lives in Wellington, and another friend was down visiting her, so Friday night us three went out for dinner and then went for a drive up Mt Victoria. Amazing!! At the top you are way above Wellington and you look out over the majority of the Wellington region.

Saturday morning Mum and I went for a stroll around the city in search of some shoes for her and a book for me. We both managed to find what we were looking for. We then sat and watched "La Vie en rose" a film about Édith Piaf a french singer from back in the day. Quite an interesting film. Then Saturday afternoon we attended the wedding of my cousin. The ceremony was held St Mary of the Angels. An extremely beautiful church. Below is a picture of the outside of the church and the picture does the church no justice. The inside is breath taking. The reception that followed the ceremony was a fun night.

We came home Sunday afternoon and spent the rest of the day relaxing. It was a fun weekend spent away with Mum and I hope we do it again soon.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I went looking for a "like" button. I'm glad you had a good weekend with your mum.
And I love that you call her Mum.

Cheryl said...

I went always go looking for a like button, facebook obsessed or what hehe