Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hearts

I have never told anybody about my wish that my dad could have had a different heart so that he wouldn’t have gotten hypertensive heart disease.

So I am very happy to share the news that the dad of a very good friend has had an extremely needed heart transplant over the weekend and is looking good.

He is still in an induced coma but everything else is looking good.

Like so many other families this family was after a miracle that came at the perfect time.

He has a new heart that when working effectively will keep him alive for years to come.

In six days time my dad would have been 59. For his sixtieth birthday I would like to plan a gathering for his family and friends so we can remember and appreciate my dad.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Hoping that your friend's dad recovers well and lives a long life!
And I think you should celebrate your dad's birthday! What a wonderful way to remember and celebrate his life. Have you thought about releasing helium filled balloons? You can write memories of him or messages to him and put them inside each balloon and send them to heaven!