Monday, November 8, 2010

Sunday = Me, My Girls and Food

It started with a text “im thinkin u me & rach should have a korero & hang out this arvo?” (translation, I am thinking you, me and Rach should get together this afternoon for a catch up?”

I, of course, had only just woken, at 11am, and agreed. Three o’clock was the decided time and there were Dawson’s Creek re-runs on, but my attention was taken to the thought of yummy chocolaty, iced cupcakes. So I made some yum-yum-yummy cup cakes for me and my girls. I even backed them in cute cups.

Cupcakes After all this baking and icing I was feeling very domestic, I even washed the dishes straight after completing my backing (a new achievement for me). So I sent my mum down the road (I still needed to get ready for the day) for some cheese, pâté and French stick.

SpreadWe spent a good few hours sitting out on the deck. Chatting, eating, chatting, eating, chatting, eating and then some more chatter.

It was the best end to a very good weekend that included Coopers 4th birthday.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

You are such a domestic goddess!! Everything looked wonderful and I'm sure the Girl's Day was fantastic!
(Thanks for the translation, BTW. I needed it!)