Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A once upon a time, with a very different ending.

So I am sitting here at work with ten minutes until I go home, why not start working on my next blog post?? Naughty I know, but I have always been told to be productive with my time. I either be productive by playing solitaire for ten minutes, or by writing my blog for ten minutes. Pretty even in my mind.

I have been busy, busy and a bit more busy lately.

We move house tomorrow, so I have been packing... NOT! I have been doing the usual and socializing. Whilst packing very slowly. It is hard to pack, you find stuff you haven't seen in ages and start looking through it. Distraction, distraction, distraction.

I came across the book I wrote about nearly a year ago, Thirteen Wives, it was not as good as I thought it would be and I have not finished it. I have a funny feeling I will never finish it. To much cussing and so not my type of book. Also, a book I would NEVER EVER suggest anyone else read. It's loosely based on the Mormon church, but on a off cast cult of the church and It seemed very derogatory towards the main church and its followers.

A book I did finish was "The Lovely Bones", although I found it really hard to get into. But still a better read than the above.

This week I have been out to dinner twice, two days in a row. The first was Tuesday night for my Mum's birthday. We went to an all you can eat Mongolian barbeque place, so good. Asian food cooked right in front of you, and then the desert, yummy. Pancakes cooked right in front of you. Last night we went out to Lone Star for my friends birthday dinner. That wasn't to bad either. Although very over priced for the food, and service, quality.

Tonight I must go home from work and finish packing up my things. I doubt this will happen. If you google procrastinator your top result will be me. I just need to get it over with, easier said than done.

My brother leaves on Tuesday to go back to Camp America. He is heading to the United Kingdom first and then over to New Jersey. I won't see him again until October. As much as I say I am not going to miss him, I know I am going to be super excited when he comes back. We always grow closer when one or the other is away for a long period of time.

This weekend I have to unpack my room, help mum unpack the house, go to a friends birthday, drop a letter off with a friend, visit a friend to give her my old phone and her 21st birthday present, annoy my brother as much as I can before he leaves, take photos of my furniture and hair to share with Shelly, help mum clean the old house, go shopping to find some photo frames and photo albums, I think I should stop my list there, but it would probably be a good idea to write one out for my self. Time to get organized Cheryl.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Wait! I thought I was the Number One Procrastinator!! The theme of my life is, "Why do today what I can put off til tomorrow?" Seriously.

I've heard Lovely Bones is good. It's on my list to read. Another good book I just finished is "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. SOOO GOOD!!!

Good luck with the move.