Monday, March 1, 2010

Summer Lovin’

Two delightful weddings in fours weeks means a huge lack of sleep. Yes and two amazing brides, two handsome grooms, beautiful bridesmaids and dashing grooms men.

The first wedding was great, it would have been nice to have a weekend gap before the next Brides Hen Night but it just wouldn’t fit. Us girls spent the Brides “last night” as a single lady on a boat. We did lots of socializing, lots of dancing, played a few games and then got off the boat and headed into town for some more havoc. I managed to make it out in one piece, I do understand though that some of the ladies were a bit worse for wear.

The second wedding was eventful. The ceremony was stunning, another on a cliff top, looking out over the harbour. Following the ceremony all the guests made their way to the other side of the harbour for the reception while the bridal party hopped aboard a boat to be taken across. They didn’t make it. The boat got stuck 50 metres off the wharf and two hours later the bridal party were delivered to the reception by coast guard.

Once they finally arrived we finally got to eat! Starving was an understatement. The food was YUMMY, and the company wasn’t to shabby either. There were some laughs during the speeches and some stunning sentences. I had one problem with the night – Yet again I didn’t catch the bouquet!!!

Some of the bridal party and a few good friends stayed in the city that evening in a nice hotel, we partied till the early hours and woke up with 15 minutes until checkout. It was another weekend I will treasure for the years to come and it helped make February 2010 as great as the first two weekends.

Since the beginning of the year I have been going through my photos on my computer and choosing which ones to get printed. So far I have gone through my photos from my time in Idaho. I have gotten nearly 600 photos printed, my mission will be to put them into a photo album/photo albums. I’m not taking the word mission lightly in this case, I like certain things perfect in the weirdest way (even though I could win an award for the messiest organization), so once I collate the photos correctly I will then need to pick out albums, make name/date cards and so on, so forth etc. Wish me luck?

1 comment:

Valerie said...

You make me smile. Thanks for writing your blog and keeping me up to date on your life!
I'm glad you had fun at the weddings.... what a story about the coast guard!! That's one they'll tell for a LONG time!

Love ya girl!