Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas PARTY!

I am going to start by explaining that there is no way I could explain the absolute love I have for my job, and in order to love your job you have to love your work place. Yes, we have our problems, like any work place. However, these problems compare in utterly no way to the pure agony I used to go through every day as I dragged myself to my place of work.

Our Christmas party way a blast. We drove to Puhoi on Saturday afternoon to kayak from Puhoi to Wenderholm. After we drove up to Leigh, where work had hired a house for us to stay in for the night, and we had dinner at the Sawmill Cafe, followed by a small party back at the house.

The kayaking was fantastic. Relaxing. Fun. Enjoyable. Entertaining. It took us around two hours to kayak eight kilometres. We spent the time singing, talking, enjoying the scenery, and running into trees.

The house in Leigh looked out over the ocean and was the perfect size. There was even a fish pond built next to to back yard deck.

Dinner was nice, nothing like the reviews we had received, but still nice. We all got along very well and laughed so much. We were meant to be staying for the live bands that were playing from 9pm. But, they didn’t start till 9.45pm and they weren’t up beat enough for our party, so we ventured back to the house and the ones going back to Auckland went on their way.

We stayed up until around 2am standing on chairs singing and dancing, watching everyone do the most hilarious acts, sharing our deepest and darkest’s, talking smack, and giggling about but all.

This tops the fun we had at conference by a huge million. I can not wait for the rest of the fun that is going to come to this job. From doing something I am extremely passionate about, to enjoying every aspect of it fully; this is something I truly love.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Sounds like a lovely time! How nice to be able to go kayaking in December! It still floors me that Christmas is in the summertime for you! (I sit typing this wearing my coat because I'm so cold.)

I'm glad you love your job so much. That makes a world of difference, doesn't it?