Monday, August 22, 2011

Twenty One

Turning Twenty One on Wednesday is slightly daunting. Age is always coming, but twenty one is the age when you are no longer a child anymore, you are now an adult. Strange how even one day can make a change, all due to a number.

Since I am leaving my twentieth year behind, I had best reflect on twenty new things I did in the past year:

  1. Became an aunty
  2. Went to Paihia, Russell, Keri-Keri and several other places in the Far North
  3. Went to Palmerston North, my mums city of birth
  4. Got my first car loan
  5. Started a Nanny Course
  6. Finished a Nanny Course
  7. Lasted in a job three years
  8. Quit my first real job
  9. Enrolled in University
  10. Handed in my first university assignment early
  11. Started teaching Early Childhood Education (LOVE IT)
  12. Learnt how to put on wiper blades
  13. Climbed Rangitoto
  14. I made my first piece of useable craft (coat hanger)
  15. I went to a golf driving range
  16. I started making a quilt (this list just reminded me about it)
  17. Watched the last Harry Potter movie Sad smile
  18. Started a canvas craft for another person
  19. Felt snow on my hand in Auckland
  20. Saw Tana Mahuta

This past year has been full of many fun times. My twenty first year, I have a feeling, is going to be just as awesome, with a cherry on top!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

This post made me smile! I love you and I love that you rejoice so much in living!! Here's to an awesome 21st year!!!

Happy Birthday!! (I know I said it on FB, but I want to say it here too!)