Sunday, January 17, 2010

Yet Another Decade

I have neglected this blog for the last couple of weeks and I apologize. However, I thought seen as it is the start of a new decade I had better show my blog some love.

I has been an interesting last ten years and it really did finish with a bang.

Three days before Christmas my dad passed away very suddenly. It was hard but I am sure we will get through it. I will miss him dearly, forever.

I have thought about my goals for this year, but thought I had best reflect on my goals from last year before sharing this years.

2009 Goals:

  • Finish Personal Progress
    • I started working on finishing my personal progress but never got it finished. I have decided not to include this in my 2010 goals but will continue to use the values I have learnt in my day to day life
  • Read more books
    • I read two books last year. I started a few more but never finished them, they did not keep my attention. Towards the end of 2009 I started reading ‘The Lovely Bones’ so I will finish reading that this New Year
  • Finish NCEA paper
    • I never completed this and will not be completing it
  • Look into University Courses*
    • At the beginning of the year I looked into Computer courses at the local University. Toward the end of the year I was looking into Early Childhood Education courses through correspondence. I will see what opportunities I get offered through my job this year and then see what I decide
  • Buy a Laptop
    • I brought a laptop about a month after deciding to have it part of my 2009 goals
  • Finish one book
    • I finished my first book of 2009 in April
  • Clean out room – Organize
    • I kept my room relatively clean and organized throughout the year
  • Lose 5kgs / exercise more
    • This goal was completed to the T. I lost 5kgs last year through a process of eating better and exercising more. In the last 4 months of the year I was walking 2 to 3 nights a week with my good friend
  • Learn another Language*
    • I never looked into this. I think I may keep it in the pipeline for later on
  • Save $200 a week of my pay*
    • I saved nearly every week and purchased items like my car and laptop with the money

So that was what I did and did not accomplish out of my 2009 goals. However, 2010 is a New Year, and new decade and a new set of goals.

Goals for 2010

  • Read 10 books
  • Visit Dad at least once a month
  • Get down to goal weight
  • Go back to the US or plan for next year
  • Exercise at least twice a week
  • Save $200 a week
  • Buy world map to plan 2013 O.E.
  • Pay off furniture and TV
  • Buy bookcase
  • Get Ring!

    So that is what I plan to achieve in the coming months. I’ll keep you up to date on how it goes.

  • 1 comment:

    Valerie said...

    I've missed you. Glad you're back. You have some great goals in mind!! Good luck.
    **Hugs to you from me**