Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Long Weekend

This week is finally over and I spent the day relaxing. Work was only a half drag this week, which is a complete turn around to the last couple of weeks. I got myself going and got my work done, it actually felt good to know when I go into work next week I won’t be swamped with work.

This weekend is Auckland Anniversary weekend, so all us Aucklanders get Monday off work, which for most only means a four day work week. But for me it will only we a two day work week. My good friend is getting married next Friday, I thought I had only applied for the Friday off work but apparently I applied for the Thursday and Friday. So I will be having two long weekends in a row, very exciting.

Following next weekend, I will be going to my cousins Hens Night on Saturday 13 February and then her wedding the following Saturday, so I have a slight feeling my poor blog might be neglected for a few weeks.

Below is a picture from last Saturday when I went to my friend, who is getting married next Friday, Hens night, sadly she is not in this particular photo. It was plenty of fun, we went on a vineyard tour, played some games and then went to town.

Lorrens Hens NightJaime, Lisa and Me

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Hens Night.... that's a term I haven't heard before! Is that similar to bachelorette party? I like your way of saying it better!
I hope you had fun!! And enjoy your long weekends!