Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012

Well I made it through the “end of the world” and am pretty happy with how I spent my year and what I achieved.

In 2012, I have:

  • Seen parts of New Zealand I had never seen before.
    • When Cami came visiting in April, we went on a road trip up north. I visited new places and met some new people.
    • Recently, I attended an early childhood conference down south and saw some new places again.
  • Finished the first year of my bachelors degree.
    • Now I only have just over a year and a half left, compared to the two I had left in August when I finished my first year. I am rather happy with the way I finished it as I got pretty good marks.
  • Attended my awesome nephews baptism in May and his first birthday in July, then in August I gained a sister (in-law) when his parents got married in Rarotonga.
  • Visited Rarotonga.
    • When my brother got married in August, we all went to their wedding in Rarotonga. It was so much fun and so relaxing. We hired scooters while we were there and I managed to be the only one to have an accident, I lost balance and ripped the skin off the tips of my toes – they’re much better now!
  • Made new friends and tried new things.
  • Paid off half of my car loan!!
  • Lost 10kgs.
    • Hard work, fun, and being sensible.

I have done so much more than just this small selection of memories. I feel that I have achieved the goals I set for myself, although I could just call my 2012 goals a lifestyle.

My Goals of 2012:

Do something scary: Get out of your comfort zone and try something you don’t think you have the confidence to do.

Do something new: You don’t always have to do the same things, try something new.

Do something fun: Basically live and happy and fun life, don't allow things to become unnecessarily un-fun or annoying.

Do something sensible: This is where the adult comes in and has to work harder to be wiser with money and school work.

Do something regularly: I can throw my read more books into this category.

Do something less: Break a habit that's not necessary or good for you.

One thing I lacked in 2012 was using my blog, so I am going to aim (in general) to be more blog savvy and post about what I am doing more regularly.

No comments: